This very pretty period cottage has a large garden and is set in the countryside just a few minutes walk along a footpath from the picturesque village of Westleton, where you'll find an award winning pub and a village shop. It's a tranquil setting, with views over fields at the front and many carefully restored period features inside.This semi-detached countryside holiday cottage in Suffolk is situated on the edge of the picturesque village of Westleton, close to RSPB Minsmere (2 miles) and historic Dunwich (2.5 miles) on the Suffolk coast. The area is rich in wildlife and has a network of footpaths.
Westleton is just a few minutes walk away, where you’ll find two pubs including the award-winning The Crown. Westleton is roughly about halfway between the seaside towns of Southwold and Aldeburgh which makes it an ideal location for exploring the pretty heritage coastline and ancient villages. Darsham mainline train station is just 3 miles away, with several direct trains to London Liverpool St.
Our top five tips for exploring the area:
1. Walk across historic heathland to RSPB Minsmere, one of the UK’s premier bird-watching sites.
2. Take a drive to seaside Aldeburgh for its famous fish and chips.
3. Walk across open fields into the pretty village of Westleton, pick up the weekend newspapers and have lunch at The Crown.
4. Visit the historic seaside town of Southwold and take a stroll down Southwold Pier for coffee and stunning views back of the town.
5. Take the kids crabbing in Walberswick (6 miles).
Be the first one to tell us about your rental experience while staying at 1 Grange Cottages 1. Let us know if the listing matched your expectations. You can share your comments about the location, property owner/manager and all the unique features that made your stay a memorable one.