We visited during Christmas period and had a positive experience.
Hopefully the below should help you make an educated decision as I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews.
1. Good communication before arrival.
3. Warm welcome.
4. Variety of food basis supplied; milk, tea, sugar, bananas, cooking oil through to foil.
5. Range of cooking appliances; kettle, toaster, slow cooker, hob, steamer, small fridge. Various pots, pans and utensils. Also decent bows, plates, cups and glasses.
6. Offer to use main house oven etc to help cook Christmas dinner.
7. Went extra mile and festively decorated.
8. Plenty of storage cupboards etc.
9. Fantastic shower and thick towels provided. Soap and shampoo provided in wall dispenses - smells lovely.
10. Bed really warm and comfy but rolled into middle (see con 2).
11. Plenty of activity and walk information provided in pack in cupboard.
12. TV & DVD player with remotes (although had to give dvd good clean to get it playing properly). Will need to take own films.
13. Various cleaning products available so can keep as clean as you wish.
1. No wifi.
2. Bed is two singles put/zipped together, you tend to roll into middle but was warm and comfy (see pro 9).
1. You truly are in the middle of nowhere so no signal however bit of a hotspot at the front gate where you may get a bar or two of signal.
1. Need door glass to be frosted or tinted to allow privacy without closing blind.
2. Radiator too small to heat room properly, larger one needed or better insulation. Perhaps curtain across door to help retain heat. It drops rather chilly.
3. Need to be clearer as to where bin/recycle unit is.