Just 6 miles north of the beautiful city of York, Claxton Grange consists of a total of 14 properties and stands within 16 acres of private grounds, encompassing woodland, orchards and a wildlife pond. Formerly a working farm, it now offers spacious and very comfortable accommodation for visitors, together with an excellent range of facilities to enjoy on site, including an indoor heated swimming pool
, games room and hard tennis court.
With such comfortable surroundings, a wealth of interesting places on the doorstep, and superb countryside to explore, this is a wonderful base for a holiday at any time of the year. Place to visit include York, Castle Howard, Nunnington Hall, and the majestic ruins of Rievaulx Abbey. A few miles away is the market town of Pickering, gateway to the North York Moors National Park. Filey, Scarborough and Whitby are all within 40 miles, racing at York, Thirsk, Ripon, Beverley and Wetherby. Closer to home, Clifton Moor offers bowling and a multi-cinema complex just 6 miles away. Shop 1 mile.Large living/dining room with electric log-effect fire. Farmhouse-style kitchen. Separate toilet. First floor: Double bedroom. Two twin bedrooms. Bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet.
- Open fire – fuel available locally
- South-facing patio with furniture
- Elec log-effect fire
- Elec, full oil CH, bed linen and towels inc
- Freeview TV
- Shared utility with coin-operated w/machine and t/dryer
- Shared grounds of 16 acres with hard tennis court
- Shared BBQ area with built-in BBQ
- Ample parking space
- Shared games room with coin-operated pool table
- Shared indoor heated swimming pool with changing and showering facilities (8am–9pm)
- No smoking
- NB: Wildlife pond in grounds