This architect-designed boathouse enjoys a beautifully quiet location on the banks of Rudyard Lake. Set on arguably the best spot, it has stunning views up and down the lake. From the first floor balcony of the boathouse, visitors can take it all in and, on a still day, observe the surrounding lush woodland’s inverted reflection in the lake with all its colour, like in a mirror. Rudyard Lake is abundant in wildlife and offers various activities including birdwatching, fishing, sailing, canoeing, walking and cycling. Hire boats available on the lake. Rudyard Lake is located on the edge of the Peak District National Park in the Staffordshire moorlands and is surrounded by blanket tree preservation order. Other places of interest within easy driving distance include the market town of Leek, Macclesfield, The Potteries, Biddulph Grange, Buxton, Tittesworth Reservoir and The Roaches. Shop and restaurant 3 miles, pub 2½ miles.
Access via first floor: Open-plan living room/kitchen with breakfast bar. Steep stairs to ground floor: Double bedroom with 5ft bed, TV and en-suite bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet.
- Elec, underfloor elec CH, bed linen and towels inc
- T/cot on request
- Two satellite smart HD TVs, one 23", one 42" with home entertainment system
- iPod dock
- Washer/dryer, freezer in external utility
- Enclosed garden, terrace, sitting-out area, furniture
- Parking (for 2 cars)
- Cycle/canoe store
- Welcome pack
- Pets free of charge
- No smoking
- NB: Lake 5 yds from property, steps in garden (which is on several levels, railings in place)