Whitby is a great place with very clean beaches and some real quirky eateries. Inglenook is ideally located to enjoy all this.
Sadly however I have to post my first ever negative review (on any site) because the owners should invest some money and address the following points, also until then I hope it helps the next people to align their expectations -
1) Review your cleaners, it was not the cleanest we've been in, items of clothing from previous tenants, mouldy bread in the bread bin (first time we stop in a cottage with no greeting of wine or food)
2) The double bed has a disposable non-breathable Tyvek type mattress protector, which induces a sweaty slumber.
3) Second bedroom, light connection box I doubt would pass an electrical safety test
4) Broadband is non-router based (cellular BT network) so you cant use your smart dongles to pick up Netflix.
5) Sofa is tired, I'm afraid to say
Sorry if this appears to be a rant but I have photos to back all of this up and I left out some other minor things. I sincerely wish the owners well and hope they could make some investment to bring the cottage back up to a suitable standard. Maybe we have been very lucky with previous holiday lettings and I am being unfair, in that case I apologize.