The location is great, however the cottage smelt of damp and the wall in the very cramped, small bedroom, had a serious condensation problem. So much so that towels had to be put on the foot of the bed to catch the running drips. The radiator wasn't working either. On making the owners aware of the problem they fixed the radiator, were apologetic about the condensation but offered no solutions. They do have a B and B next door and could have offered a room until this was resolved. We left early on Tuesday morning because the damp was affecting our friends health.
There were a lot of cobweb, very dark, around the walls and ceilings,some had obviously been there for some time. I sliced some bread on a slatted board and there were so many cobwebs that no crumbs hit the bottom of the board!
The bathroom door would only stay closed if you locked it, the double bedroom door wouldn't close and you had to be some kind of strong man to open or close the front door. The fridge/freezer had not been turned on so nowhere to put the frozen foods I'd brought with me. It was totally defrosted with water in the bottom of the freezer section. A starter pack for the log burner was included - no fire lighters, no newspaper, no matches - and we don't smoke so couldn't light the fire until the following evening as we were aware that it was 8 miles to the nearest shop.
This cottage, in my opinion, is cramped, except for the double bedroom. It is probably fine for two people in the summer. The house is damp. The wallpaper at the bottom of the stair is literally just hanging on the wall. It wobbles if you touch it.
There is no way that this cottage deserves it's tourist rating.
We were given a refund for the nights we didn't stay but as this was a birthday treat for my husband it was a spoiled gift.