This property is a hidden gem within Kilkieran which is itself a hidden gem in the heart of "an gaeltacht" in Galway. The road down from Galway town is quite poor and this might contribute to it's remoteness but this is almost part of it's charm.
A little more interaction with the property owner or agent on arrival would have been nice and not just told where to find the key!
The property is well appointed and within walking distance of a great bar/bistro, overlooking a working harbour and with good local walks and beaches.
Rather than pass comment on the property, I will make some suggestions of what I would do if it were mine.
1. I would never sell it - it is just perfect in location and construction.
2. I would charge much more for rental. We paid twice as much for our second week on the east cost of Ireland
3. I would target it as a romantic escape for couples (which is exactly what it is)
4. I would give the property a good make-over, removing much of the personal items and leave a much simpler decor.
5. I would overhaul the appliances and fitments; fix the leak on the dishwasher, washing machine and radiator.
6. Upgrade the facilities; supply internet access,, upgrade the television and provide one in the main bedroom.
7. Give the whole building a really good clean. The house was not dirty but it had not been cleaned for our arrival and as the week progressed and we cleaned appliances after use the place started to "pop"
We would stay again under any circumstances but this property has such brilliant unfulfilled potential that it could be so much more and I would pay more for the improvement.
I have no connection with the owner, I have not been asked to write this report and have received no payment for doing so.