Was there for a week in June and had some amazing weather which meant that the kids could play every day in the garden while the adults enjoyed a beer or two. Bought a large paddling pool (for the kids) and that kept them entertained.
The house is well equipped, but spent most of the time in the garden.
Room are nice, nothing wrong with them, but you have to understand that this is an 'old' house so some doors don't quite close properly and some of the locks are a little difficult.
Everything else was fine and really the weather made this 5 start - if it had rained all week I suspect that it would have been 4 start if I am honest
There are the gardens next door, but it is 5GBP per person to go around, this is a little bit rich when you are renting the house!! It is also worth noting that a number of the photos on the website that are taken in the garden are taken from or show areas that are not actually part of the house grounds, but part of the accompanying garden that you have to pay 5GBP per adult to use...
Other minor comments
- some of the pots where a little worn
- lighting in the living room was either really dim, or very bright
- aga was a little hard to control, but thats just the aga, but when you are coking for 22 people!!
- the garden furniture was a little worn
- the round tables were a little flexible
- on of the sun shades was broken
- the big nice solid timber bench table was really dirty - but we mucked in and cleaned it up
- there is an SAS training base at the bottom of the garden, which is not noticeable, apart from while we were there there seemed to be a bit of a dusk helicopter training exercise running nearly every night which broke the tranquil nature at around 10-11pm. To be honest this also a bit of a spectacle and didn't last too long..
Having said all of the above, the place was just what we wanted, the owner was very help, and there was a lovely large welcome cake that was really tasty, along with some biscuits - very nice. Also there was tea coffee and milk left by the owner, which is a really nice touch, along with lots of stuff in the pantry left over from other renters to kick start the provision at the beginning of the week.
I would recommend if you are a large group, looking for easy week with a lovely big garden for the kids to play in